Littlemill 27 Year Old Private Cellar Edition
For the 2017 Littlemill Private Release, our master blender Michael Henry selected 8 casks from 1990 as an homage to the true Littlemill distillery character: a lighter, floral spirit, reminiscent of the triple distillation of the Duncan Thomas era. He chose the casks with the strongest floral character and subtle wood notes from distillations between the 11th and 29th of May 1990.
The casks were filled at 68.8% strength allowing them to retain more of the distillery character throughout the maturation in refill bourbon barrels. Ageing in refill bourbon barrels gave a softer wood influence. Once selected the casks were married in fresh bourbon barrels for 12 months before bottling.
Rare amongst Lowland malts in Using a Highland water source, As well as peat from Stornoway and Perthshire, Littlemill is known for a subtly floral, vanilla-rich sweetness. A sip of this fine whisky is more than just a memorable pleasure. It is a unique and historic experience.
- 500 individually numbered Limited edition bottles
- Scarce and precious liquid
- Opulent bottle and Presentation case
- 27-year-old whisky in the Littlemill Lowland style
- Your own unique piece of Littlemill cask used to Mature this scarce malt
- A miniature of the Precious liquid