Mezcal Legendario Domingo - Espadin
Fresh and citrus flavors with a hint of minerality, followed by a mild taste of smokiness and ripe Oaxacan fruits.
- Region: San Luis del Río, Oaxaca
- Maestro Mezcalero: Familia Velasco
- Agave: Cultivated Maguey Espadín (Agave Angustifolia) matured at 8 to 9 years, grown at 900 meters above sea level
- Cooking: The agave is cooked in rustic, underground conical ovens that are ignited with Tepehuaje (Lead Tree) and sabino wood, both woods endemic to this region. Not a single tree is cut down, as all wood is gathered from fallen, dead trees.
- Crushing: Tahona mill, Chilean stone pulled by horse
- Fermentation: Natural fermentation in open pine wooden vats, indigenous yeast. Process lasts ten days, during which fresh spring water is added to the crushed agave
- Distillation: Double distillation in copper pot still